Top ENT Doctor in Raceland LA
ENT doctors at Southern ENT Associates are experts in identifying and treating illnesses of the ear, nose, head, neck, and throat. They have received training to treat a variety of illnesses, such as allergies, sinusitis, tonsillitis, hearing loss, and voice problems. For more information, contact us today or schedule an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 4425 LA-1, Raceland, LA 70394.
Table of Contents:
What does an ENT doctor do?
What happens when you are referred to an ENT doctor?
What is the ENT exam procedure?
What are the most common procedures performed by ENT doctors?
ENT doctors specialize in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the ear, nose, head, neck and throat. They are trained to address a wide range of disorders, including hearing loss, sinusitis, tonsillitis, allergies, and voice disorders. ENT doctors also have expertise in facial plastic and reconstructive surgery. They can perform procedures to improve nasal breathing, repair nasal fractures, and correct facial deformities.
When you visit an ENT doctor, they will perform a thorough preliminary examination. This will likely include diagnostic tests such as hearing tests or imaging scans. In addition to those tests, ENT specialists perform a variety of other procedures and treatments. These include sinus surgeries, cochlear implantation surgeries, myringotomies and tonsillectomies.
Overall, ENT doctor visits play a crucial role in maintaining your overall health and quality of life. By addressing ENT symptoms and providing effective treatment, these medical professionals help individuals properly manage their conditions and live their best lives.
If your primary care physician or other healthcare provider refers you to an ENT specialist, it likely means that you are experiencing symptoms related to your ears, nose, or throat that require further evaluation and care.
During your first visit, the ENT doctor will review your medical history and perform a physical examination focused on your ears, nose, and throat. Depending on your symptoms, additional tests such as hearing tests and imaging studies may be performed.
Based on the results of the evaluation, the ENT doctor will provide a diagnosis and recommend a comprehensive treatment plan. Treatment options may include prescription medications, further procedures such as allergy testing or ear tube placement, and surgery. Your ENT specialist will work closely with you to develop a personalized treatment plan to restore and optimize your health.
During an ENT exam, the doctor will start by asking about your complete medical history and current symptoms. Next, the physician will conduct a physical exam, which will include evaluating your ears, nose, and throat using specialized tools such as an otoscope and laryngoscope. In some cases, the doctor may also perform hearing tests, allergy tests, or imaging tests such as a CT scan or MRI to accurately diagnose your condition.
Depending on the diagnosis, the ENT specialist may recommend a variety of treatment options. They will work with you to create a comprehensive treatment plan based on your individual needs. Overall, an ENT exam is a non-invasive and important step in diagnosing and treating a variety of conditions related to the ears, nose, and throat. By working with one of our experienced ENT doctors, you can feel confident about receiving the care you need to improve your health and quality of life.
ENT doctors perform a range of procedures, including:
• Sinus surgery – ENT doctors perform various types of sinus surgery to treat chronic sinusitis, nasal polyps, and similar conditions. These procedures can involve removing diseased tissue, repairing a deviated septum, or opening blocked sinus passages.
• Myringotomy – This procedure involves making a small incision in the eardrum to drain fluid from the middle ear. It is commonly performed to treat chronic ear infections.
• Tonsillectomy – This is a surgical procedure that involves removing the tonsils, which are small glands located at the back of the throat. Tonsillectomies are commonly performed to treat chronic tonsillitis, sleep apnea, and other related conditions.
• Septoplasty – Septoplasty is a surgical procedure that straightens a deviated septum, which is the cartilage and bone that divide the nostrils. Septoplasties improve breathing and reduce snoring.
• Cochlear implantation – ENT doctors perform cochlear implantation surgery to restore hearing in patients with severe hearing loss or deafness.
These are just a few examples of the many procedures ENT doctors can perform to diagnose and treat various ENT conditions. If you have any questions about a specific procedure, please contact our clinic and we’ll be happy to help. We serve patients from Raceland LA, Mathews LA, Bayou Blue LA, St Charles LA, Des Allemands LA, Gheens LA, Lockport LA, and surrounding areas.
Additional Services You May Like
Additional Services You May Like
- Allergy Testing
- Balloon Sinuplasty
- Facial Plastic
- Head & Neck Surgery
- Hearing Aids to Treat Hearing Loss
- Hoarseness & Voice Disorders
- Nasal Congestion
- Pediatric ENT
- Sleep Apnea
- Swallowing Disorders (Dysphagia)
- Thyroid, Parotid & Neck Mass Surgery
- Tonsillectomy & Adenoidectomy
- Vertigo & Dizziness
- In Office CT Scan